Address: Via Niccolò Aggiunti, 73
Hours: kept open by volunteers, from 8.30 to 19.30 daily
In 1554 the Compagnia del Crocifisso built the Church of San Rocco, connected to the Oratorio decorated with frescoes by the Alberti brothers: Alessandro, Cherubino and Giovanni. Inside there is a stone reproduction of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem. The back wall is covered by a large wooden altar that frames a masterpiece of Romanesque sculpture: La Pietà. Below there is another wooden sculpture dating back to 1200, which depicts the deposed Christ. San Rocco today is the seat of the Confraternity of Mercy of Sansepolcro.